Greenhopper doesn't work after JIRA update

Yoni Danos November 13, 2013

I updated JIRA to 5.2.11 and our license has expired since 11/Sep/13

I was told that I can install to the latest GreenHopper version before my license expiration date

so I installed GreenHopper 6.2.3 and got the messege: License is for an older version and maintenance has expired

in my.atlassian.com you can generate compatible license key, so I did

and then I got the following message: GreenHopper is currently unavailable. This might be because an upgrade task has failed to run or has not not yet completed.

I followed the logs and there is no SQL Exception or any exception related to Greenhopper in the atlassian-greenhopper.log (catalina.txt)

everything looks fine and still I get it to work, what seems to be the problem?

Please help me!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yoni Danos November 13, 2013

Hi Daryl,

I am not sure what I did but GreenHopper is working now

I changed the license key back to the old one than reindexed and accidently stopped JIRA

I started JIRA again and then I noticed that in the logs that GH is building all the boards again

now it works

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

Hi Yoni

Perhaps you can try to refer on the following disccusion which could possibly help you to address this issue:

If problem persist, you might want to raise a support ticket in https://support.atlassian.com for further analyzing and investigation.

Suggest an answer