Greenhopper configuration

Manish Batra January 10, 2013

I need to configure GreenHooper in JIRA. I've downloaded JIRA 5.2.4.1 and configure it in local server. When I try to get GreenHooper, I go to Find a new Add-on from plugin menu. First it shows me message This version of JIRA is unknown to the plugin information server. It may be too new to appear, or it may be some type of non-standard build. No plugins can be found for unknown product versions..

Also, I'm unable to locate the Universal Plugin Manager anywhere in Administrator page. I've read it is default added in new version of JIRA but unable to find it.

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Skinner January 13, 2013

Solved this myself, If you want to apply licensing you need to disable the link to the marketplace this will then allow you to apply the license key as for some reason otherwise it forces the other screen

Manish Batra January 13, 2013

Couldn't find how to do that? Can you please help me with couple of instructions to disable the link and adding greenhooper.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

it is possible that atlassian finally introduced 5.2.4.1 to the marketplace to let them communicate with each other. it is like that sometimes with new builds...anyway they fixed it.

i suggest installing new versions in a testing environment next time you plan to upgrade. if everything is fine you're ready to go productive. that's how i approach updates

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

so far so good. what exactly do you need now?

0 votes
Manish Batra January 14, 2013

to be honest, nothing for now. But would like to understand what made it work? As I didn't change anything at my end.

0 votes

No, I'm still using 5.2.4.1 and now I tried downloading GH again, it surprisingly worked.

Thanks
Manish

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013
So you're back on 5.2.4 now and still not able to connect to marketplace?
0 votes

Hi,

Can someone please help me with previous stable build where I can integrate GreenHooper.

Regards
Manish

0 votes
Alex Skinner January 10, 2013

The problem is even if you download manually there is no way to actually add the licence information in as those pages just show the same error message

Manish Batra January 13, 2013

Since the current release 5.2.4.1 seems unstable, can you please advice the best stable release I can download and configure to work with JIRA and GreenHooper.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

even no release notes available...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+5.2.4.1+Release+Notes "Page not found"

i wouldn't think about upgrading atm

marketplace should be updated soon to talk with 5.2.4.1 version too. stay tuned

can you download manually?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/version/1410

0 votes
Ben Meu January 10, 2013

Same problem here - 5.2.4.1 seems to be unknown

Manish Batra January 10, 2013

I would be waiting for the solution.

Thanks
Manish

Ben Meu January 10, 2013

Seems to be a problem with the version string for 5.2.4.1 as 5.2.4 is finding plugins.

Suggest an answer