Greenhopper board issues with copying linked issues using Customware Jira Utilities post function

Donncha Daly November 11, 2012

During a transition I use the 'Copy Issue' Post Function (part of the Customware JIRA Utilities plug in) to copy the issue to another project with a different Issue Type. If I have the 'Issue Link Type' in the Copy Issue Function parameters set to 'Do Not Link' everything works fine. The issue is copied to the new project, the issue status updates and it moves as expected from one column to the next in the Greenhopper work board view.

However if I set the 'Issue Link Type' in the Copy Issue Function parameters set to Cloners' (or anything other than'Do not Link') then an issue occurs. The issue is still copied to the other project and the status updates correctly HOWEVER the issue does not move as expected to the correct column in the Greenhopper work board. It stays in whatever column it was in pre-transition, even though it's status has updated.

Configuration

• JIRA 5.1.2
  • Greenhopper 6.0.2
  • Customware JIRA Utilities 2.1.1

This is a very annoying issue for me as it is the only thing stopping me putting my environment live.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Donncha Daly November 12, 2012

When I created the 'Copy Issue' Post Function it was at the top of the the list of Post Functions for the transition (I guess that means it is the first one executed).

If you move the Copy Issue Post Function down to the bottom of the list of Post Functions then it all works as expected.

0 votes
Donncha Daly November 12, 2012

Anyone have any ideas?

Suggest an answer