Greenhopper NUBE question - Updates in real time?

Brandon Pal June 19, 2013

I recived the following questions that I really have no answers for.

1. Apparently at one point updates to Greenhopper (Jira) were reflected in the display in real time. For example if a developer logged time against a Task, that would be reflected in the Burndown Chart as soon as the time had been logged. I’ve observed and I’ve confirmed that this is not the case today. What is the turn around for updating Greenhopper and seeing the updates reflected in the reporting tools?

2. Yesterday, June 19, somewhere near 4pm the Burndown Chart display refreshed itself, reflecting information that had been logged the previous day. Is there a specific time in the day at which the system refreshes the display of reported information?

3. Right now, 11 am June 20, the display describes that a total of 2 hours of work were logged for the entire day of June 19. It is possible that the team has not logged all work done during the day of the 19th, but given #1 and #2 above, I wanted to ask that we are confident that the system is displaying current information and is not out of synch with what has actually been reported.

So in our Greenhopper settings I can't see any where that sets a refresh time so I'm wondering is this a setting? Is this an error? Am I just dense and missing something.

Any help is greatly apreachiated.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

I can't say what is the reason what GreenHopper does not pickup the changes in real time but you could try a reindex the issues/JIRA. The values are pulled from the search.

Suggest an answer