Greenhopper Board for Multiple Scrum Teams and Reports Tab

Jason Skidis October 7, 2012

In our group we have 4 seperate scrum teams that have their own independant product backlogs (say Scrum Teams A, B, C, and D). Teams A & B share a product owner and a scrum master and teams C & D share a difference product owner and scrum master. In addition all four teams are overseen by a single manager. All of the scrum teams share the same sprint schedule, the same start dates, length, and sprint names.

I have set up a single board that include all 4 projects with quick fliters so that each scrum team can view the planning and work tabs for items specific to their team. I also have quick filters so the product owners and scrum masters can do the same but combining items accross both teams that they are part of. And finally, the overall manager can view the items across all 4 teams as well (by excluding all of the quick filters)

The problem is that when you go to the report tab, I can't seem to find a way to view any of the reports using the quick filters. Accordingly the reports only show data from all four teams combined and not data on individual teams. Does anyone know of a resolution or a workaround for this? Is what I'm attempting to do working against the design intent of the boards?

I tried setting up an individual board for each scrum team with the same sprint names and dates. But then we can't get rolled up planning and work views as the sprints created appear to be tied directly to the board on which they are created (I guess not surprisingly).

We are using Greenhopper 6.0.3 and Jira 5.0.2 (downloaded)

Thanks in advance,

Jason Skidis

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Hi Jason,

Only the 'Upcoming' (i.e. future sprints in Plan mode) are not shared between boards that show the same issues, everything else will be shared.

I'd recommend using one board per team, then another board that covers all of the 4 team's issues. Check out a previous answers post on this topic as well.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer