GreenHopper kanban and Done column

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2012

I started using GH KanBan RapidBoard and it's awesome.
However, I can see now in my "Done" column all my past issues that were done.

As this is an OPS project and KanBan board, I do not have really "sprints", "releases" or anything like that. So, how to limit the number of issues displayed in the Done column to some reasonable value? (like, this week solved issues or sth)?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

In general, I believe with GH Kanban, you would still 'release a version'. You can release directly from the DONE column and name a version for the issues that you have completed. You can then set the Kanban board to only show issues not in releasedversions.

At least to me, that is the workflow that fits best.

Now if you don't do releases (such as services work) then you'd need to look at a filter to do it over the whole board.

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Exactly, this is a services project, but as I can see there is no direct support for no-release-projects in JIRA.

Thus, I have to stick with the filters.

MartinB March 17, 2013

I agree to Colin's solution, works for us also. However, you have to wait a couple of minutes after releasing a version, the board will then clear itself.

2 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2012

You could add a quick filter with something like:

resolutiondate < -5d OR resolutiondate is EMPTY

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2012

You probably meant resolutiondate > -5d. Yes, I had this solution already, but I thought that there is more generic one as KanBan is not really having releases and this is a kanban board.

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

I see what you mean. I'm not aware of any readily available configuration.

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

We had to modify the filter feeding these boards as well because it doesn't make sense to show all Done items since eternity for these types of boards. We use them for services, project implementation, and support work which doesn't have 'releases' as you indicate.

We ended up adding to the filter to show anything not in closed status and only those in closed status that have been updated in the last 30 days.

It would be helpful if the max limit that can be set on columns then only pulls based on most recent update date.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2012

This is exactly how the boards are meant to be configured (as every team will have a different idea of what they want to see and how they want items in the last column to disappear). The work mode sub filter of the board is provided so that you can decide which issues you want to filter out there without affecting the report mode.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2013

Great suggestion with the dates. That will work for us :)

Suggest an answer