GreenHopper alternative in Jira

Atis Slišāns November 8, 2011

Is there available an alternative for GreenHopper plugin? Free or commercial?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Wilco van Esch February 21, 2013

We have had to opt out of GreenHopper for the same reason as mentioned by Peter Nguyen.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2013

How do you calculate the ROI? In my opinion, it does not matter whether the GH license (and for any other add-on too) is tied to the amount of JIRA users.

If you pay X $ for GH, you have to see if your benefits are > X $ and how much time your company needs to achieve that goal.

For example, for a 500+ user JIRA instance, the GH cost would be 4.000$. Perhaps, GH will be used only by the 10% (~50 users?). Then you have to see how much money those 50 people save by using GH (in time and salary terms) and other benefits like: is time to market reduced?, is end user satisfaction improved because they get better products in less time, are wrong specifications detected earlier, etc.

Not purchasing it because 450+ JIRA users will not use it, it is not related to the ROI. Your company could save a lot of money even it that scenario.

2 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Hi,

As part of the GreenHopper team I am keen to learn why you are looking for an alternative. If you don't mind taking five minutes I would love to know:

- what is your role?

- what are you trying to achieve?

- are you part of an agile team? if so, what approach do you take (scrum or kanban for instance)?

- what is missing from GreenHopper?

Thanks for taking the time.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon

Peter Nguyen July 2, 2012

GreenHopper is cool. But it seems like the license is tied to # JIRA users. Our company currently has 500+ users but I can only see a select few of those users utilizing the GreenHopper plugin. However we are not going to be able to justify paying for all users for this plugin. Is there anyway to restrict licenses to only the active users of each product?

Thanks,
Peter

Suggest an answer