GreenHopper Internal Server Error

Adriana Lembcke November 8, 2012

Whenever I try to access the Agile tab on my Jira, a text box appears with the message: Internal Server Error. What can I do to solve this?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Tokar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2012

In general, if you are seeing an "Internal Server Error" appear in your browser, that will mean that there is an exception in your logs. You might also find out more information by opening Chrome's Dev Tools, using the Network tab to inspect which XHR calls are being made and find out the one that is returning the error (it is usually the request in red).

The browser's console logs are also a good place to look.

support.atlassian.com might be able to help you resolve this issue sooner.

At a guess, if you are using GreenHopper 6.0.6 or higher, and you have enabled the Epics Support labs feature, it is possible that you are experiencing this bug: http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6495

Thanks,

Michael Tokar

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Jira and Greenhopper have log files. Look where Jira is installed and find the directory named log. In there you will find the greenhopper and jira logs. Look in them for your exception.

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Try executing a working search filter you have saved from the issues menu, can you do this?

0 votes
Adriana Lembcke November 8, 2012

what do you mean?

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2012

Can you share exceptions in log ?

Suggest an answer