GreenHopper: Adding points to issues, other than stories

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 3, 2012

We have come to a point in our implementation that we need to add Jira issues, other than stories, to our Sprint backlog. We would like to assign points to these bugs, tasks, etc. Has anyone found a way to do this, preferably conveniently?

Thanks - Janet

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Sure, just change the Story Points field to apply to other issue types.

The fastest way to this point in the JIRA administration screens is to hit 'g' then 'g' and type 'Custom Fields'. Find the 'Story Points' field then choose 'Configure' from the Cog menu then just change the issue types that the field should apply to.

Thanks,
Shaun

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 9, 2012

Apologies for the delay in response to your quick answer.

Tried to follow what you had noted, Shaun. I was not too successful.

After applying Story Points for other issue types, I did not see an option to update the field in existing Jira entries. I got side tracked with plugin update and needing to set up for Perforce repositories. I am going to go back to taking a look at this within the next week or so. I am going back to ensure that the screens have the option to update this value.

Maria Janet C. Figueroa November 19, 2013

Folks - I was able to do this and somehow the process eludes me now. I think it was a combination of what Shaun had suggested plus fiddling around with fields and field schemes. I will note that the question is answered.

Cheers - Janet

Suggest an answer