Granting access to assign tickets

Nandakumar Pillai July 13, 2018

I'm the admin user of the Kanban board however, i don't want any other user for now to be admin level user.

What level of access should i grant the users so that they can create the ticket, move the ticket from one column to another and even get the tickets assigned to themselves?

From where can i grant the users this access?

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 19, 2021

is there an updated answer to this? I need my teams to be able to transfer tickets to other team members as needed and not make everyone an admin. never mind, I figured it out. now you have to go to follow: 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

but for this case, you need to chose the name of the Scheme that is being used for the projects listed. Then choose permissions.

Select Assign Issues, in my case I selected Project Role and choose Developers. Then selected Grant. 

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 11.32.28 AM.png

Nandakumar,

Go to your permission scheme and then edit to specify who can carry which functions. 

Victor

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2018

if you created the board you are the owner and others cannot modify it. BUT all other users can easily drag-drop and create issues. What you need to ensure is that the desired users (group) have the necessary permissions:

• Browse
  • Transition
  • Comment
  • Create

Go to the project(s) in question and then Project Settings and then permissions. Assign the appropriate group(s) to those permissions.

Suggest an answer