Global setting for Labels in Context fields

Daphne October 30, 2019

How do I customize Labels in a global setting so the items I add will be available for different projects? 

Another question I have is how to delete items that were added previously to Labels?

label.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Soppadla Ms August 24, 2022

You can ask your jira Administrator team to enable this field for all other screens. like screens used by Story and other issue types

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hello Daphne,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

About your questions:

How do I customize Labels in a global setting so the items I add will be available for different projects? 

Once you create a new label by clicking in any issue, that label will be available to be selected for every single project in your JIRA Site, you just need to click in any issue and the autofill form will display it. Can you confirm if this is what you were asking for?

Another question I have is how to delete items that were added previously to Labels?

To both remove or edit an existing label from your JIRA site, this change must be performed to all issues. That being said, you just need to use the bulk operation method, as mentioned in this documentation:

1 - Navigate to your issue navigator page > Create a filter to return all the issues with the label you want to remove/Edit:

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 19.13.56.png

2 - Follow the instructions in the bulk operation documentation to remove/edit the label for all the issues.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Daphne October 31, 2019

I will try your suggestions and keep you posted. 

Daphne October 31, 2019

The question I have is I can only put items in Labels within a Project, and the labels I have are tight to issue types.   For example here I have "1" and "label" under Labels, I only see them under Issue type "Bug", nothing shows up for issue type "Story"label available.PNGlabel not available.PNG

I want to know is there a global setting for Labels for me to add different labels and all of them will be available for all Projects all Issue types

Suggest an answer