Git hub repository not syncing on jira

Nagalakshmi December 15, 2017

Hello All,

I am seeing something weird issue in my jira platform that Dvcs accounts along with repository just shows as syncing and it fails periodically. If i restart my jira it works fine for 2 days and again sync starts appears for repositories. It continues untill i restart the Jira.I am not using plugin  as my Jira version is 7.2.7 which comes with build in plugin. 

Let me know if any one has come across similar issues and can help me to resolve .

Thanks,

Lakshmi

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

I would be interested to see if you can take a closer look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file when this sync first fails to see if we can better understand what might be causing this. 

Since you know you can restart Jira to fix this, it makes it feel like there might either be a bug in Jira or a problem with trying to make the request at that time.   It is possible this was something already fixed since this version in Jira, but it would be easier to determine this if there was an explicit stracktrace in the Jira logs that is thrown when the sync first fails.

Suggest an answer