Getting internal server error when view or manage boards

When I am logged into Jira and I click on Agile > View All Boards or Manage Boards I get an internal server error. The page is secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa but I do not find tiss file on the server. ow do I fix this error?

6 answers

1 accepted

Trying to close this question.

Have you found a solution to the problem? If yes, you can post an answer of the solution here and accept the answer. That could be considered as closed and helping others when they receive similar issues.

You'll want to look in your jira log files to see what the error detail is.

Another good way to do this is to use the Log Scanner that's part of the Atlassian Support Tools plugin.

I figured out why the file is not on the file system....

A .jspa web extension, for example forum.jspa?forumID=1, represents a servlet alias and therefore .jspa files do not exist on the local file system. I also did as you suggested Jon and ran the log scanner but no usefull informaation was provided.

Not Resolved

Hi

we are getting "Internal Server Error" when trying to Configure the board for a certain project. The project uses some individual issue types with custom workflows. Getting this error message in the log:

Unable to complete GreenHopper REST method
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.ColumnEditRequest$StatusDetails.from(ColumnEditRequest.java:145)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.ColumnEditHelper.asStatusEntry(ColumnEditHelper.java:330)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.ColumnEditHelper.buildColumnStatusesModel(ColumnEditHelper.java:313)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.ColumnEditHelper.buildColumnEditModel(ColumnEditHelper.java:185)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.RapidViewEditHelper.getEditModel(RapidViewEditHelper.java:139)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.RapidViewEditResource$7.call(RapidViewEditResource.java:191)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.RapidViewEditResource$7.call(RapidViewEditResource.java:184)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.util.RestCall.response(RestCall.java:48)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.AbstractResource.response(AbstractResource.java:60)
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.view.RapidViewEditResource.getEditModel(RapidViewEditResource.java:183) <+2> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke

Any idea why that is?

Found the culprit. It was the Agile Simplified Workflow that had the In Progress status not linked to the In Progress step.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

11,969 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you