Getting error Responsible QA: User 'Unassigned' is not valid for this user picker

Alison Files June 30, 2022

We are trying to create a ticket and we are getting the error "Responsible QA: User 'Unassigned' is not valid for this user picker" when we click submit.  I don't even know which field it is referring to.  Nothing changed in the system and it just started happening this morning.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alison

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

The field is "Responsible QA", but I'm going to guess that it's not on your "create issue" screen.  You might want to try the "where's my field?" option in the configure fields option to the top right to find out why it's not there.

My guess on the cause of the issue is that configuration of the field is

• It is mandatory 
  • As a user-picker, it has been limited to selecting from a group or role
  • It has a default set (Let's say the default is the user "Charlie" who is in the group "this-projects-QA-people")

And the system change that has occurred is either

Charlie has been removed from the this-projects-QA-people group

• Charlie has been de-activated
  • Charlie has been completely deleted
  • Because Charlie is no longer a valid selection for that field, the default is read, not found, and hence seen as "unassigned"

You'll need to 

• Undo the changes to Charlie's account
  • Reconfigure the field as optional
  • Add the field to your screen so the users can choose someone
  • Change the default for the field to someone else

(The last one is probably the right answer, but the others are valid and might be better for you)

Alison Files June 30, 2022

User was de-activated - we figured out which user it was and reactivated account.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer