Getting Connect App’s Issue Field extractions and field option properties in Automation Rule

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi

We have numerous fields populated by our custom Connect App. We have recently seen a need to make use of the extractions and option properties as on this Issue Field

I have added the properties, the extraction and tested on the issue navigator to filter issues with the option selected with specific property value. Thanks, Atlassian for this feature.

We now want to expand this a bit and use those properties in Automation rules. For eg, if an issue custom field select option has a property of systemOwnerJiraAccountID to ‘xxxxxxxx’, how can I retrieve that systemOwnerJiraAccountID value (and any other property that is set in the extractions)?

(I must also post a little apology as I have posted on the Dev Comm as well here https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/getting-connect-apps-issue-field-extractions-and-field-option-properties-in-automation-rule/54656 - am quite desperate for a solution to this)

Please advise urgently?

Thank you
Yatish

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Yatish Madhav 

Do you mean entity properties or custom fields were added?  Either one should have smart values which allow accessing them within an automation rule. 

To learn the available smart values for a particular issue, please take a look at this how-to article which uses an example issue to learn the smart values:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events