Get Initiatives where my team has a task that is a child of the Initiative

Dag Atle Stentad March 14, 2024

Hello Community!

I want to list up Initiatives where my team has a task that is a child of the Initiative (either as an epic or as a task within the epic). Is it possible to solve this with JQL (without installing custom plugins)?

If standard JQL isn't sufficient, could we utilize Automate instead? For instance, we could automate the updating of a custom text field within the initiative issue, consolidating all teams associated with the Initiative (both epics and tasks within the epic). This automation rule should be triggered whenever there are changes to the "Team" field of any child.

If this approach is viable, I could then filter out the initiatives using the query issuetype=Initiative AND "InitiativeTeams[Paragraph]" ~ "10567745d-97e6-47bb-33h3-510469b17790" (where the ID represents my team).

Thank you for the help 😀

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

Hello @Dag Atle Stentad 

There is no native JQL solution for what you want. The work-around you thought of should work though I haven't tried to work out all the details of the best way to actually implement the rule. I think it might be something like this (which I haven't tested)...

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.40.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.40.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.41.13 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders