Get Details of all child issues through one JQL

Rameshwar Khenat December 1, 2021

Hello,

in our project we are below structure
Initiatives(*)
-- Epic(*)
-- Story(*)

I want to create a rich filter that can tell me the count of open and closed issues.

Is there any way to iterate through all the initiatives and details of the associated Epics and related stories?

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 5, 2021

Hi @Rameshwar Khenat 

As an alternative you can try out our plugin to get the count of each status below initiatives

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Links Hierarchy - Child Statuses.PNG

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi, @Rameshwar Khenat. Welcome to the community. 

What did you use to create Initiatives in your hierarchy? And, are you using Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards from Qotilabs?  AFIK they are not very active here in the community.  If I have guessed correctly, tou may want to reach out to them via contact@qotilabs.com.

However, depending on how you created that hierarchy, there may be another way to accomplish the same goal.

Hope this helps,

-dave   

Rameshwar Khenat December 1, 2021

Thanks @Dave Rosenlund .

I did not get your first question but I assume it's JIRA issue type which we use as an Initiative.

I am planning to use JQL and link it to the Quotilabs widgets to create my own dashboard.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

I asked because Jira out-of-the-box only recognizes a 3-level hierarchy of Epic - Story - Sub-task.  Your organization may have created a new kind of hierarchy using a Jira custom issue type called Initiative OR you may be using Advanced Roadmaps from Atlassian OR an Atlassian Marketplace app like Structure for Jira.

(You and I connected offline because your organization has Structure, but I am not sure if it is relevant here.

Anyway, Rich Filters may expect to see only the Atlassian layers in the hierarchy, which in turn may impact your use case as stated. 

However, there may be another way to do the same thing (more or less) if all of these details are known. :)    

-dave

Suggest an answer