Reynalda Torres July 8, 2020

How can I generate an RTM in JIRA?

6 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2020

Hi @Reynalda Torres 

I think you mean Requirements Traceability Matrix.

You can give AIO's latest app - AIO Tests for Jira - a try. AIO tests allows easy creation and import of cases, linking to requirements and has inbuilt traceability report showing coverage from Requirements to Test Cases to Test Executions and defects.

traceability new.png

Please note, I work for AIO Support.

Regards,

AIO Support Author

Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Disclaimer: I´m from Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira

Hello @Reynalda Torres,

I can also suggest you our add-on R4J - Requirements Management for Jira. It offers you three differeent, flexible ways to show and edit your traces between any kind of issues:

• show the relation between single Jira issues as link graph, able to drill in deeper: 
    LinkGraph.jpg
  • view and edit the links between multiple issues as X-Y-Matrix in the Traceability Matrix:
    TraceabilityMatrix.jpg
  • analyse and update the trace over connected link-chains with our Coverage View:
    CoverageView.jpg

Additional to too offers you much features for requirement engineering, e.g.

• Setup a full customizable tree structure
  • A reading view which considers your structure - like chapters in Word
  • Suspect monitoring for changed issues (and it´s effect to linked ones)
  • Coverage and Traceability view to get your linking cleaned up
  • Revisions and Baselines for a full history of changes
  • Reuse of issues and folder structures across projects 
  • Export features by your own templates

If you interested in a free 90 min demo including your use case please contact me via our service desk. You can test R4J for free, just download it from the marketplace.

Have a great day, Bernhard

Reynalda Torres July 9, 2020

Thank you, I will let you know. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2020

Hi @Reynalda Torres ,

Alternatively to what's already been proposed, if you're looking for a way to visualize the traceability from your requirements through tests to defects in one screen, check out our exportable requirments traceability report which comes with TestFLO - Test Management for Jira.

Disclaimer: I am the product manager of TestFLO and I work for Deviniti.

Regards,
Radoslaw Cichocki

1 vote
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
July 8, 2020

@Reynalda Torres Hi, 

If you mean Requirements Traceability Matrix, Jira don't have such report by default. 

You could use some plugins to generate that matrix. I would suggest you Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM) which have also other reports like coverage showing end to end relations between objects. 

Let me know if you have any questions about RTM.

Best regards,
Jarek

End-to-end tracking of Requirements fulfilment and implementation

Reynalda Torres July 9, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, I will take a look at this.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Usman Dembele April 10, 2021

As soon as the Code is Live in manufacturing Dev merges the Tag lower back to trunk, making sure that Trunk = what's in production. I tried this for an individual store and its working good.

0 votes
Brunda July 20, 2020

If you have X-Ray plugin to JIRA, RTM can be generated very easily. The document template can be updated and customized according to your project needs. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

Jira isn't software that looks after "Resin Transfer Moulding" off-the-shelf.  (It could, but you'd need to think about it)

I suspect I've got the wrong acronym here.  Could you explain what you mean without using jargon and acronyms?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events