Gadget in Dashboards shows Irrelevant as data

Patricio Rodriguez March 9, 2021

Hi All,

I have an error when I want to create a new gadget in Jira.

As you can see, the content appears as Irrelevant when that field has content:

irrelevant.PNG

If I click to see the detail, the column "Area Solicitante" has content:

detail.PNG

I was reading another posts, like this one, but I cant find a solution.

I wanted to do the re-Index but that is not available for Jira Cloud.

To understand what I did. I only created a new fields and I assigned them to a screen.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

2 answers

1 vote
Patricio Rodriguez March 11, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy

Sorry for my delay in my response.

I find what is the problem here.

That field works for another project because was created as a list field but in a "last generation" project. So I thought that field was the same what I found in Personalized Fields, but is different, (single line) with the same name.

Here is in "last generation" project:

area solicitante.PNG

But here doesn't appears, there are two different fields:

area solicitante.PNG

So, I think I have to create a list field, in this classic project.

Do you have any comment?

Thanks!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2021

Yes, I suspect that if you have two different fields with the same name within the scope of the project (or filter) that would cause problems for the gadget.

I suggest working with your site admin to carefully ensure that you only have one field with that name in the scope.  I note "carefully" as if you have multiple fields in scope, some edits may be required before deleting the duplicate field.

Kathryn.Wells July 7, 2022

I can confirm that "two different fields with the same name" in the Enterprise was how I replicated this. For example, we had two fields called "Status" for some reason, and the 1st instance returned the "Irrelevant" result. But when I built the gadget again with the 2nd instance of "Status" it worked as expected.

Thank you for laying out the facts of this issue, @Bill Sheboy and @Patricio Rodriguez. It helped me proceed with solving the bigger puzzle: prioritizing issues for the team to work on!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Patricio Rodriguez -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please post images of the settings you used for the gadge and the JQL used to obtain the listed issues?  Perhaps there is a difference between them impacting the gadget.

Best regards,

Bill

Patricio Rodriguez March 10, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy !!

Thanks for your answer. Below is the Gadget Configuration, and the JQL:

conf.PNG

project = DI AND issuetype = Story ORDER BY created DESC

filter.PNG

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Regards,

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2021

Hi @Patricio Rodriguez 

Thanks for that information.  Just to confirm, are you showing the pie chart for the entire project or for a specific filter?  In either case, "irrelevant" seems to appear in two cases:

• When issue values are transitioning from one value to another.  If you are consistently seeing this value, that is unlikely.
  • When one or more of the issues returned (project or filter) do not have the custom field you are displaying.

Here's another post that seems to indicate those causes:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-does-quot-irrelevant-quot-mean-in-a-JIRA-pie-chart/qaq-p/351381

If it is neither of those causes I suggest asking your site admin to submit a ticket to Atlassian support here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

And after you learn more from support, please post back here so others can learn the cause.  Thank you!

Like Kathryn.Wells likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events