Gadget URL health check and SQL exceptions preventing jira board to start up

w.bahadoer March 13, 2018

Hi, 

I can't access my jira board anymore after a power outage yesterday.  It was working flawlessly yesterday, but now when I start jira I get all kinds of error, a few which I have manage to solve with info on this board but now I'm stuck. I have read a couple of posts on the board about this subject but without any success. I have tried reinstalling 7.8.0 and creating the keystore but also no success.

I'm running jira 7.8.0  with postgresql v9.5.10

Catalina.out :

2018-03-13 11:59:38,721 Caesium-1-4 DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.marvelution.jira.plugins.jenkins]
2018-03-13 11:59:41,740 HealthCheck:thread-5 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.a.t.j.healthcheck.support.GadgetFeedUrlHealthCheck] An error occurred when performing the Gadget feed URL healthcheck
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(SocketInputStream.java:116)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:170)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
at org.apache.http.impl.io.SessionInputBufferImpl.streamRead(SessionInputBufferImpl.java:139)

2018-03-13 12:00:00,027 Caesium-1-2 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.x.j.ao.service.XporterProcessRepositoryImpl] An error has happened while deleting processes by status: [PROCESSING, 2018-03-13 11:20:00]
com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:
Database:
- name:PostgreSQL
- version:9.5.10
- minor version:5
- major version:9
Driver:
- name:PostgreSQL Native Driver
- version:PostgreSQL 9.4.1212
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: timestamp without time zone < character varying
Hint: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.
Position: 102

edit : 

I got Jira starting up without any errors ( ./startup.sh instead of ./start-jira.sh ) but I still don't see a dashboard

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

As per my assumption since the logs are stating there throws a exception , I believe that there a problem with the database try researching over it , check also whether the collation that the database that the data is stored is correct and recommended 

Suggest an answer