GH simplified workflow transition permission

Tobbe June 26, 2013

Hi
Jira uses roles to decide what role can do what. like changing status. GH doesnt seem to use there roles all the time. Any role can drag and drop issues on the work board. Should it really be like that? I dont want the contributor role to change status on my issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Well, I guess then you cant use the simplified workflow as it is managed by Greenhopper and role-based transitioninig is not part of the open approach of the simplifid workflow. Switch to a custom workflow and you can add conditions to your transitions...

Cheers

Christian

Tobbe June 26, 2013

Open approach shouldent mean that anyone can do everything. it just means the team can do anything. a contributor is not part of the team. Ofc I want the project to be able to decide their own workflow but they dont want everyone to be able to change it. But I guess this is more a philosofic question. I just wanted to raise my consern to hear others opinion.

Giorgio Vizzaccaro July 28, 2014

Hello,

I just hit the same issue today (ops, one year after the post was initiated...) and I totally support Tobbe.

Why should I be able to allow or deny permission for Issue editing but not for Status transition? I find this just inconsistent.

Also, I understand that on a custom workflow this can be controlled using transition conditions, but this approach is not viable for Simplified Workflows.

I suggest the creation of a dedicated permission, which would then work regardless of the workflow type. Here it is the Improvement. Go and vote for it!!

Thanks,

Giorgio Vizzaccaro July 28, 2014

Hello,

I just hit the same issue today (ops, one year after the post was initiated...) and I totally support Tobbe.

Why should I be able to allow or deny permission for Issue editing but not for Status transition? I find this just inconsistent.

Also, I understand that on a custom workflow this can be controlled using transition conditions, but this approach is not viable for Simplified Workflows.

Is there a way to suggest the creation of a dedicated permission, which would then work regardless of the workflow type? I do we ask for that?

Thanks,

Suggest an answer