GH Kanban - What to do with done stories

Jesper Wikén August 28, 2011

We are just starting to use GH for Kanban like projects. We are not using sprints or releases, but have the "same board" all the time. After a while the done column gets filled up with done stories. A want to get rid of them, but keep them in some kind of archive. I am considering to create a other "Archive Project"
and move the done stories to that project. It works, but it is not a simple action (about 6 klicks).

q: Is there a smoother way to move done stories (story=issue) to another project?

q: Is there a better way to manage (get rid of, but still keep) done stories?

Thanks, Jesper

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2011

Hi Jesper,

Two things you may wish to try:

1) Use the release mechanism at the end of each month to remove the issues from the column. The Task Board does not include issues from Released Fix Versions.

2) Switch to the Rapid Board and use a filter that only displays the last 7/30/etc days worth of released issues - resolutionDate >= -7d for instance.

Thanks Jesper.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon

Henrik Jönsson August 29, 2011

The Rapid Board is really great. I have only used it for a week or so and I'm impressed of the ui and the configuration possible.

0 votes
Jesper Wikén August 29, 2011

Thanks for good answers. I think a combination of the methods will be our approach. There is also the Bulk Move (to other project) that can be used if needed at a later stage.

0 votes
Deleted user August 28, 2011

There is a "Hide Done Issues" button on GH Task Board (Top Left Corner). May be that comes handy in this situation.

0 votes
Henrik Jönsson August 28, 2011

You can add a new status before Closed (e.g. To Be Delivered) and have that as your right most column in the rapid board (if you use that). Then you can move issues from To Be Delivered to Closed when you have issues you want to deliver. The Rapid Board should be configured so that you don't see Closed issues.

0 votes
Jesper Wikén August 28, 2011

Strange that my question ended up here. I posted it at forums.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer