• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Formatting issues with both Jira Cloud for Excel App and Export Excel CSV

Hi,

I'm running into two different formatting issues depending on the method of exporting Jira data into Excel as seen in the attached screenshot below.

The goal of the export is to easily bulk change issues in Excel and then re-import back into Jira (we need to make changes that the Jira bulk change tool doesn't handle).

So since the goal is to re-import the Excel back into Jira we need the special character formatting to be correct upon the original export.

Issue #1 - when using the new Jira Cloud for Excel App:

As seen in the screenshot after the export (import into Excel) for some reason not all the bold formatting * characters are being preserved.

Issue #2 - when using Export -> Export Excel CSV (all fields):

As seen in the screenshot this method of export preserves the bold formatting; however, the special characters are turned into garbage.  Note that the special character preservation works in the Jira Cloud for Excel App.

Either export (import into Excel) method is fine for us, so we are just looking to get at least one of these two issues resolved.

Thanks

Excel_JIRA_formatting_issues.png

1 answer

0 votes
Danny Community Leader Dec 18, 2020

Hello @Isaac Wiedmann

I would recommend raising a support request via Atlassian's support desk. Unfortunately, I have found no pre-existing issue raise on Atlassian Jira for feature requests and bugs at this time. 

Hope this helps,

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the response.  I tried going through the support link; however, it is not giving me the option to file a new ticket as seen in the screenshot below.  It only shows links to this community page and the how-to-guides?  Do you know what I need to do?

Thanks

Atlassian_Support.png

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Dec 26, 2020

Like stated in the grey text at the bottom (it can be easily overlooked) you need to contact your Jira admin to work out the core issue with you and/or let the Jira admin raise an issue with Atlassian.

In case you do not now who this is for your site I would first reach out to your local IT department and/or manager.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation @Daniel Ebers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,193 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you