Forgot to start my sprints - can't 'complete' them

Annette.Belfrage September 5, 2022

Hi,

We don't use Jira orthodoxly. I have forgotten to start two of my older sprints (23 and 25) and now when we have completed all the work, I am unable to 'complete' the sprints.
For that reason, they remain visible in my 'Backlog' view, which is super annoying for everyone.
We are currently working on sprint 26. Can I delete the sprints without messing up my numbering? Is there any prettier workaround?
Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Annette.Belfrage 

What I would do is once your current sprint is over, before you start on sprint 27, you should be able to start and complete the two old sprints (you can set whatever start and end date you wish for these) and then all completed issues within these sprints should be removed from the backlog.

This method should have minimal impact on the current sprint and shouldn't affect any reporting issues. Hope this helps!

Annette.Belfrage September 5, 2022

That sounds brilliant!
Thanks

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

No worries! If you found this answered your question feel free to hit the Accept Answer button, just so that it may help other users in the future who have the same question :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events