For a new task, which is in backlog, new task has Strikethrough as if task is completed

Sucharitha Revanuru May 24, 2022

Steps to replicate: 

1. Created Project and Epic. 

2. Created new task under this Epic. 

3. New task is in Backlog, but noticed Strike through of the Task when in Backlog (although task isn't completed - it's new task)

4. Strike through disappears when Task is moved to do. 

Please help to solve this, thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Sucharitha Revanuru ,

The strikethrough occurs when the resolution field of an issue has been set to any value. It sounds like there may be some automation that's causing this to occur on create. Can you verify what the value of the resolution field is on one of these tasks?

Hi Michael, Thanks for coming back on this! 

I don't have Resolution field at all for my Issue (Issue Type - Task). 

And the work flow that I follow for my Project is Software Simplified Workflow. 

BACKLOG> SELECTED FOR DEVELOPEMENT > IN PROGRESS > DONE 

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

The resolution field is present on all issues and will appear next to the status (green check mark) - Could you verify that on any issue with a strike-through that you do not see something similar to my screenshot? (Even if the status is Backlog)

image.png

The resolution field should be the sole thing responsible for this behaviour so if that is not set, I would assume this is a visual bug and would recommend raising a ticket with Atlassian.

The following is what I see on my issue, should I change it to Done, and see if I can see what you have posted above? 

Screenshot 2022-05-24 130127.png

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2022

Ah so the problem is the status category of the Backlog status. Green represents a "finished" state, and Backlog should really be gray which represents "to do/not started".

I just tested this on my instance, and an issue with a green status and no resolution set also has the strike-through (which did not used to be the case) so to fix this you would need to change the status category.

Would you mind instructing me how to change the Status category, pls? 

Hi Michael, I have figured out how to change the Status Category, I have changed the BACKLOG status category to 'To do', earlier it was set to 'Done', which is why we are seeing the BACKLOG in green and issue being struck through. It is fixed now. Thank you so much for your time and clear instructions.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2022

Great to hear @Sucharitha Revanuru ! Please mark this as an accepted answer to help others that may search in the future.

Like Sucharitha Revanuru likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events