Flagged status in the Jira Database Schema

claw August 25, 2022

I am trying to determine time in "Flagged" status as well as including the flagged comment. Where can I find this information in the Jira Database Schema? We're on 8.13...

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@claw

Flagged is just a custom field, so it would be in the customfieldvalue table. For the comment added with a Flag, I'm not sure how to gather that from the database. It looks like they are just stored comment formatted as "(flag) Flag added... the rest of the comment". 

I guess you could search the comments to try and find those that match the format I gave above.

claw August 31, 2022

Thanks @Kian Stack Mumo Systems , I wasn't able to find anything in the table customfieldvalue in the field textvalue where like "(flag)", but it may be an internal issue.

I wasn't able to find anything like "flag" or "impediment" in the customfield table under cfname. is it possible we aren't passing the information to the jira database? Do settings need to be altered?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

@claw

You would need to look in the table where comments are stored (jiraaction I believe), not in the customfieldvalue table.

claw September 21, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

Thanks again for your efforts here. I did find the notes in jiraaction. 

We're still struggling to find when it entered a flagged status or exited. We're not seeing a CFNAME "Flagged" or anything like it in customfield. 

We see it in the UI under "History" (EG "Flagged  -   Impediment [ 10000 ]" with a timestamp). Also in "Activity"

Ideally it would be in the CHANGEITEM table, or something like it....

Suggest an answer