Fix Versions - Where is it?

Marvin Warble June 2, 2022

I want to make use of the Releases feature; however, after many hours of trying to figure out how to add issues to a specific release, I'm stuck.

Everything I've read online says you use the "Fix Versions" field of an issue to assign that issue to a specific release, the problem is that field is not available on any of my issue forms.  

I've gone into the Issues => Screens configuration and verified that "Fix Versions" is assigned to all screens.

I've gone into the Default Screen Scheme and verified the field is listed there.

But it still isn't showing up when I create or edit an issue.

Could someone please provide me with detailed step-by-step instructions for getting "Fix Versions" to show up on my issue forms?  

Would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Here are screenshots of the Bug Issue.  And below that is the screenshot for the Default Screen that show the Fix Version field.

Screenshot 2022-06-02 132441.pngdefaultscreen.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi Marvin,

What type of project are you using?

It's a Software project using the SCRUM template.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Marvin Warble 

You appear to be using a team-managed project, and that Releases are disabled.  To enable them use the left-side navigation...

Project Settings > Features and enable Releases.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Yes - what Bill said. 

Thanks, that fixed the problem.  Weird thing is even though the Releases feature wasn't enabled, I was able to create Releases.  Just couldn't assign any issues to them.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

Great! Glad it is working for you now. 

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Hi @Marvin Warble ,

Can you please share some screenshots? Did you check if the fields are hidden when empty? You can access the list of hidden fields when empty by clicking on 'Configure' which takes you to the issue layout for the corresponding screen:

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 8.44.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-02 at 8.51.20 AM.png

Thanks.  I've updated my original post with screen shots.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events