Find estimated resource load when planning a sprint

Dave December 9, 2014

As our team decides how many and which issues to put in our next sprint, one of the key issues is whether anyone on the team is overloaded or underloaded.  Currently we figure this out by hand using pencil and paper.

Is there any kind of report in JIRA I can run against a sprint BEFORE it is started to see if the resources have proper loading?

1 answer

1 vote
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Hi Dave,

Please take a look at eazyBI report creation plugin for JIRA which allows you to create custom reports based on JIRA data.

See example report of Assignee estimated load in selected Sprint. This shows some Measures I imagine could be interesting for Assignee load, as How many issues or Story points Assigned to each user are due as well as Original and remaining estimate total for issues assigned to each user. In Page filter I have selected to show one of Sprints and added also Measure that shows that this Sprint is not closed yet. 

There are also some other example reports in our documentation page.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about eazyBI or specific reports. 
You can contact me directly on support@eazybi.com

Kind regards,
Lauma

Dave December 9, 2014

Will take a look...

Suggest an answer