Filter query results is showing different status than actual issue status

Tamil November 17, 2020

Hi,

We have a workflow setup that updating status in Bug will also update the status in linked issue(e.g Epic or story). This is setup using JMWE. For example when a bug is changed to "New" to "Inprogress", the linked issue(Epic or story) also will change to New to inprogress. 

But in filter results, the status of linked issue is showing wrong status e.g in issue it is actually in In progress state, but in filter it still showing in Status "New".

When I do Jira full re-indexing, then filter results shows correct status as in issue. But problem is there are many projects having extracting reports using filters at specific intervals(1day,weekly/hourly report) and i cant do re-indexing all the time.

In both Bug and Linked issue(Epic or Story), the postfunctions "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database" is present before to "Fire a Generic Event that can be processed by Listeners".

Could you please help in resolving the problem

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Hi Tamil,

Are you using a Transition Related Issues post function for that? If so, did you move it to the bottom of the list?

Regards

David

Tamil November 18, 2020

Hello David,

Yes. I am using Transition Related issues Post function. My order of postfunction tasks are

1. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
2. Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
3. Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
4. On each issue linked to the current issue through the relates to link type , the first applicable transition from this list will be triggered:(Transition related issues Postfunction)
5. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
6. Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listener.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Can you try moving the post function to the bottom?

Tamil November 18, 2020

Moving the "Transition related issues PF" to bottom will it update the current ticket(say for e.g Bug is current ticket and linked issues is Task/story). will it affect/update status of both current and linked issues?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

The post function only impacts related issues, not the current issue. I'm not sure I understand your question. 

Tamil November 18, 2020

Hi David,

The workflow is setup in a way that moving Status of Bug from "In Progress" to "Close" will also change status of linked issue from "In Progress" to "Close" automatically.

If I move the transition issue post function to bottom, both Bug status and linked issue status will update as desired?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Yes, of course. The position of the post function doesn't change anything for the current issue. And I'm not even sure it'll fix your problem - it could be coming from something else. But the Transition Relayed Issues post function should always be at the bottom. 

Tamil November 18, 2020

ok. I will do a test by moving the transition postfunction to bottom.

Thanks for the quick response.

Suggest an answer