Filter on stories related to new GH epics

Hey,

how are the "issues in epic" tied to that epic? It's not a regular issue link, is it?

I'm wondering how I could achieve sth. like the following (maybe using JQL tricks or craftforge JQL functions plugins, new script runner JQL function?):

I want to display all stories, that are tied to epics following a certain pattern, a subquery if you like:

type = story AND linkedIssue(type=EpicLink) IN (type=Epic AND summary ~ "XY" OR fixVersion = "XY")

Is that possible at all?

Cheers Christian

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Christian,

maybe this is what you want:

type = Story AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("type=Epic", "is Epic of") AND (summary ~ "ad" OR fixVersion = 3)

This query lists all Stories that have an Epic linked to it through the "is Epic of" (from the viewpoint of the epic) relation, and have a specific summary or fix version.

The function is a scripted JQL function from the Script Runner plugin.

BR

Florian

Hey,

meanwhile I got around the problem with the serach linked issues plugin which works in the same way:

issue in LinkedIssueFromFilter("...,'Epic-Story-Link',...")

I couldn't use the Script Runner plugin since my JIRA version is too old and scripted JQL functions is a relatively new feature.

Thanks anyway,

I guess others might be intereted in this too:-)

Cheers Christian

Hey Christian,

you can use this JQL to find the issues withing the Epic called test : "Epic Link" = test

Cheers Peter

Sorry but that doesn't help me. In need a subquery.

0 vote
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Apr 24, 2013

You can use the Epic Link field to search for stories linked to an epic.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-EpicLink

Maybe you could combine this with the issueFieldMatch() from Script Runner:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-issueFieldMatch(subquery,fieldname,regexp)

Henning

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Apr 24, 2013

Mmmh, no. I think this doesn't help you. Sorry.

I am interested in the same issue. Filtering issues based on their EPIC LINK where the EPICS are also based on a query.

Any news on this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

56 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot