Filter for main scrum board (sub-tasks)

Deleted user November 29, 2017

We are using sub-tasks for our stories and tasks.  When I look at the sprint on the main scum board I see all the sub-tasks.  Is there a view or a filter I can create to view only the parent stories / tasks?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hello,

You can create a filter where you choose only not sub-task issue types. For example,

issuetype in (Task, Story)

or

issuetype in standardIssueTypes()

Deleted user November 29, 2017

Thanks

Ofira Daniel November 29, 2017

Alexey , are you talking to modify board filter ? if yes that I don`t understand it as it will impact all of your board options - on Active Sprint board you won`t see sub task , sprint burndown can`t work according to hours log work on sub task level , board will filter out any sub task you will create ..

What I am missing ?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

If you change the filter,  all subtasks will disappear from the board. You post above means that you still need subtasks. Why would you like to hide them if you need them? Anyway you can create a quick filter and paste the JQL query there. In this case you can turn the quick filter on and all subtasks will be hidden, but they still be in sprint burndown.

Ofira Daniel November 29, 2017

I don`t wants .. I didn`t ask the original question just didn`t understand your answer as my filter see sub tasks and on BKL I see only User stories & Bugs 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2017

I see.

Yes, if you change the filter of the board, then you will have no sub tasks on the board and sprint burndown. That is right. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events