Filter for issues only on the current day?

Justin Czimskey January 2, 2018

I'm trying to create a filter that picks up issues with a custom field, "Release Date" marked as the current day ONLY. I'm trying to do:

project in EXAMPLE and "Release Date" >= startofday() and "Release Date" <= endofday()

Excluding the <= endofday() picked up my target issue, but adding the endofday function makes the filter yield no results. The real filter is quite a bit more complicated, and even encapsulating the release date calculations in parentheses doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing? 

It's possible for the issues to have a future release date marked, but I don't want them in this filter.

Edited: syntax in code block was wrong. Source in my actual filter is correct with no syntax errors.

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

It's a typo. Change "=<" to "<=".

Justin Czimskey January 2, 2018

Good point. However, my original filter didn't have the <= or >= to begin with, and I still returned zero results. No syntax errors either. I'll edit the above for clarity.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Then I'd say the release dates are future ones, from the start of tomorrow in advance.

If that's the case, returning no issues is the correct and expected result.

Just to test it, may you try creating a dummy issue in a dummy project, setting today as its release date, and perform a similar query?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2018

By the way, you may also try setting some days into the endOfDay() function like this:

"Release Date" >= startOfDay() AND "Release Date" <= endOfDay(30d)

The query above would return issues which Release Date had been set to today or within the next 30 days after today.

Like filomat likes this

Suggest an answer