Filter for all issues/tasks/Sub-tasks/stories/PIOs for 17 projects and 7 Sprints created

T82
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

Hi there

I need to create a filter (for a dashboard) which shows all issues, tasks, sub-tasks, stories, Features, PIOs planned created until the PI planning vs. all issues tasks, sub-tasks, features, PIOs which have been added after the PI Planning.

As well which of the planned stuff until the PI Planning could not be finished.

There are 15 projects with 7 sprints each. And I need to create a dashboard which shows planned (until PI-Planning) vs. additional (after PI-Planning) as well as which of the planned or additional stuff could be finished or not finished.

Many thanks to all of you for your help.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2024

Hi @T82 and welcome to the Community!

That may seem like a very complex challenge at first, but if you find a way to tag all work in a PI with a common identifier, this may turn out surprisingly simple.

The most common approach in Jira would be to define a release (fix version) for your PI in all projects. If you use the same name across all projects (e.g. 2024-PI02), your filter may become as simple as:

fixversion = "2024-PI02"

While you need to add this as a fix version to all issues in the PI, that's what PI planning is all about. Once you adopt this practice, you can start planning ahead for the next PI as well.

Hope this helps!

T82
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

Hi Walter

Many thanks for your recommendation.

Is there a `bulk`solution to tag all work at once (per Sprint/project). Currently is it some hundreds of issues if done manually.

But flagging them once (at least for the next PI) might be the best way.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2024

Yes, you can do most of the heavy lifting with Jira's bulk change feature. You select a list of issues in the issue navigator (Filters > View all issues) and then from the ... button near the top right select bulk change > edit issues > ...

You'll need to add the fix versions to your projects first and then do the bulk updates project by project, since a fix version's scope is restricted to a single project. 

Suggest an answer