Filter for Stories that are ready for acceptance

Jeremy Marsch March 16, 2015

Hello all:

We are using the JIRA Agile plugin.  I want to create a filter that will let us identify all of stories in a sprint that are ready for acceptance so that our product owner can proactively review the work for issues.

I think the filter would look something like this:

Show me all of the User Stories where:

• The story is in the current sprint
  • All of the tasks for the story are in a specific status (we added some statuses to the workflow, but basically where all of the tasks are "done")

I am a little new to Jira, and I looked through the JQL documentation, but I didn't notice anything that would let me cover that second criteria.  Can someone give me a hint?

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2015

For the current sprint, you can use the opensprint() function. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Advanced+Searching+Functions#AdvancedSearchingFunctions-openSprints()

For the status, use status IN ()

Your complete query would be something like:

project = "your project" AND sprint IN openSprints() AND status IN (Done, Closed, Complete....)

That would work, but perhaps using Resolution = Done would be simpler than listing the statuses with the IN statement, although that requires your users to use resolutions to set your issues "done". I suggest you allow the resolution changes in a transition screen between statuses like "In Progress" and "Done" if you go for that.

Suggest an answer