Filter for Multiple Teams

JamesTontarski January 9, 2018

I have a board with all of our epics on it. Most epics just have one team assigned, but some Epics have multiple. I would like to create a quick filter so I can see which Epics have more than one team.

For Jira, we are using the "Team/s" field. I didn't know if there's something like COUNT("Team/s") > 1 or something similar.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi James,

Natively JQL does not have a SUM function, however, if you have an add-on such as ScriptRunner you can use that to achieve your goals.  Take a look at the Aggregate Expressions section of the Scripted JQL Functions ScriptRunner knowledge base for more info about how to use these functions.

Another option may be to export to CSV and then use BetterExcel Plugin for JIRA to see this data.

In the meantime please vote on JQL "count()"-function for multi-value-fields to help get this added to JIRA natively.

Cheers,

Branden

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Aggregate Expressions in Scriptrunner only show summary data for a jql query. You can not filter on the summary data. What you could use from Scriptrunner is Custom JQL functions. You can read more information here:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/custom-jql-functions.html

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hello,

There is no JQL like this out of the box. But you could use an add-on to write such a JQL function. If you are on Jira Server/ Data Center you could use, for example, Power Scripts to create such a JQL function. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/JQL+Support

If you need any help, kindly ask.

Suggest an answer