Filter export returns incorrect fields

Deleted user August 2, 2019

I'm trying to export the result of a filter: the key and 3 custom fields from JIRA as CSV files.

When I look at the CSV file I get the key, Created, Updated, and Custom Field Originator.

I've been exporting filter results for over a year and have never run into this problem.

Does anyone have any idea on which might be going on?

Thank You,

Jim

PS -  As I was writing this I just thought maybe I shoud try re-indexing - which I will now do.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2019

Hi James,

The variation in the columns returned in the csv file might be related to the filter column view you are looking at.

If you are looking at the Column "System" view and export to csv current fields it will export the list based on the "My Defaults" view:

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 11.20.25 AM.png

Let me know if this is the case.

Regards,
Earl

Deleted user August 9, 2019

Hi Earl,

What was happening was that we were looking at the Column Filter fields. When we exported the columns reverted whatever was set in Column My Defaults.

We had to set the My Default values to export the correct columns.

------------------------

You said "If you are looking at the Column "System" view and export to csv current fields it will export the list based on the "My Defaults" view:"  Has Jira always worked that way?

Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events