Fields not visible in shared issue screen in a newly created Project

Ning Liu July 18, 2017

Hi all,

I do have:

Project A (Already existing and running)

Project B (Already existing and running)

Project C

i have created Project C with a shared configuration. I would assume that the layout of a screen would be taken over to this new project created. But the laylout of the Screen is not the same as A and B.

In Fact: When i change the screen template for specific issue type in the project settings of C. It would be visible in A and B but not C.

Do you have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

Best Regards

Ning

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

The screen layout will be the same - there's only one layout in use.

I am assumung that you are talking about the "screens" here, when you say "template", and not field configuration or custom field context. 

But we will need to talk about them.  Here is a list of things you should check:

1. If you are missing fields from a view screen, check that the fields have data in them.  JIRA hides fields that are empty on view.
  2. Check that the list of displayed fields is not set to hide any if you are on a create or edit screen (cog to the top right of the popup)
  3. Check that the field configuration for the two project/issue-types are the same (unlikely as you have used shared configuration, but worth mentioning)
  4. For any custom field that is missing, check the list of custom fields and look at the "context" of the missing field.  Does it have a context that limits where it appears?  (e.g. only projects A and B?)
Ning Liu July 18, 2017

Hi Nic,

I am assumung that you are talking about the "screens" here, when you say "template", and not field configuration or custom field context.

=> Yes

1.) Indeed if i click the admin button and the one field i was expection. "The 'Requirement Status' field is not present on the form you are viewing" But that leads to my next question how do i add data to a field if i cannot access it? In the Create Issue

2) If i click at Project C the edit button for that 'Requirement Status' Issue, i cant see a textbox to add the data in for that field.

3) Issue Type Scheme includes all three projects

4) Ok i checked it is now.

Actually the Project C was not in the screen schema. During Import i think something went wrong after i crosschecked and synchronized every Item in "System"->"Issues" an empty field appears where the field of 'Requirments Status' should be appears.

new 1) Again question how do i add data to that field, without a possiblity to enter manually?

new 2) Ahem i have another problem :). There is a button in Project A and B, after pressing it JIRA creates a dialog for a new issue with type 'Test' with the actual issue linked to it. How do i take over this into Project C? Where is this located in "System"->"Issues"

Thanks a lot.

Ning

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Point 1 is the answer.  You have not got the field on the "create issue" screen.

Deleted user February 11, 2019

Nic,

I have same issue. Where there is a custom field...Which is auto calculated through some post function. So every time there should be values in that field.

• with Default Configuration Scheme(There is no condition for any issuetype or any project)
  • In field configuration, it is not set as Hide
  • For Issue Operation(Default) Screen the field is there, But in Issue Operation(View), the field is not present.
  • I have Admin rights with all permissions.

But even after all the above points that custom field is not Editable 

So please suggest.

Suggest an answer