Jira Cloud Free Permissions issue causing fields Not Appear in the screens

NadiaV January 6, 2022

Hi,

field "reporter" can not seem to appear in create screen- even it appears in screen layout. "issue type"- the same. is not also appearing in the view screen.

what am I missing here?

2 answers

1 vote
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hi @NadiaV ,

Ideally once the user creates a new issue, he will be able to see the reporter field with his own user as the creator of the issue.

I'm not sure why you would need the reporter field in the issue creation. Do you want to allow the user to select another user to be the reporter?

Regards

Utkarsh

NadiaV January 6, 2022

Yes. I want the reporter to be changed in the create screen

Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Ok, so in order for you or any project user to be able to view the reporter field, they must have the 'Modify Reporter' permission required by the 'Reporter' field.

Kindly check the project permissions and validate if you have the modify reporter permissions.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 002156.png

Like Jack Brickey likes this
NadiaV January 8, 2022

The thing is that I can't change setting there as it seems to be possible for standard versions only

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @NadiaV , welcome to the community.

The reporter is automatically defaulted to the person entering the information on the form. Regarding the issue type, It should exist on the create screen. Please share a bit more information about your situation. Maybe some screenshots would help. Are you using a team managed project or a company managed project?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events