External uses as part of a Company Managed project without counting as another licence

jara alvarez masso July 20, 2021

Hi, 

We want to switch to Cloud Premium membership so that we can use Advanced Roadmaps. However, we have a few external users in our projects (Company Managed projects) who are only present in a 1 or 2 issues across the full project, so it doesn't seem worth it to get license for them.

We are wondering if/how these external users could still be part of our projects without counting as another Cloud Premium licence. The external users can have limited access, but the access should account for being assigned to a few issues and being able to change the status of these. 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Hi @jara alvarez masso ,

i'm afraid not, all users that interact with the full interface (not being a customer on a JSM project) will require a license to interact with the issues.

there is no "limited access" version of a user. (except again for a customer but that"s only for JSM)

The moment you wish to assign a single issue to them or if they need to change a status, they will require a license.

jara alvarez masso July 20, 2021

Thank you @Dirk Ronsmans . Is it possible to get the Cloud Premium licence only for the people involved in a project? 

For instance, we have 30 members on our account and several projects, but only 15 people will be part of the one project that requires Advanced Roadmaps/Cloud Premium. Do all members of our company account have to have the same type of membership?

Thanks!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

This will all be the same. You put the product on an instance in a plan. 

so Jira software would be premium. (I believe you can mix that with standard JSM) 

so not a per user licensing I’m afraid but per product 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events