'External System Import' page permissions

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

To allow one to access this page, other than putting the user into the 'administrators' group, is there a way to grant someone access to this page so they can use the csv option to upload issues? You might ask why I don't suggest using the csv import facility from the 'Advanced Issue Search' page under the twinkie; this will not work since it only targets a single Jira Project and the csv will contain the project for each row.

In summary, can I grant someone a lesser administrative role in order to access this page? Or am I stuck making them a full administrator to do so? I have four users that I want access to this page.

Settings>System>External System Import

I'm on Jira Cloud using the standard Jira Software license. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hello @Paul Alexander 

No, there are not currently levels of administrator access that would enable this.

Hanumath Sastry November 22, 2022

I am already administrator for my project, i dont see 'External System Import' option visible. 

how do  i request to get access so that i can have update existing Issues at bulk by importing CSV.

project: https://jira.devtools.intel.com/projects/GPV4/

thanks Hanumath

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

You will need to talk to your administrators.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2022

@Hanumath Sastry 

Welcome to the community.

Only Jira Administrators have access to the External System Import option.

You will need to work with your Jira Administrators to request that they import your CSV to update existing issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events