Exporting more than 1000 requirements

Konstantinos Antonakopoulos December 15, 2022

Hi!

I have more than 1000 requirements and need to export them in CSV or Excel for further analysis/consolidation.

I have checked this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/export-over-1000-results-to-excel-from-jira-cloud-779160833.html but options 1 and 2 didnt work for me.

I can also use REST API but could not find any relevant methods for exporting.

Does anyone has any advise on how to do it? 

Thanks

Kostas

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Konstantinos Antonakopoulos

regarding the REST API, I don't think there's a specific API for exporting; you'd have to call the search endpoint, use the pagination parameters to load batches of 100 issues each (that's the maximum number you can retrieve in one call, IIRC), and then perform some kind of processing on the results of these calls to get your data.

The easier option may actually be to check out one of the export-related apps from the Atlassian Marketplace. Just to provide an example: I myself work on an app named JXL for Jira that - among many other things - allows exporting any number of issues in one go (to Excel or CSV):

export-to-excel.gif

As said before - there's actually a number of apps that are focused on exports. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your site, it may be free forever. So perhaps try out some and see which one works best for you.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Konstantinos Antonakopoulos December 15, 2022

Thanks @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira

Will give it a try with the free version and let you know. 

Free forever will probably not work as we are over 100 people on the project.

cheers

Kostas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events