Export automation rules

Hello! I have about 300 automation rules for my projects. And I need to copy 12 of them each time I create a new project. Is there a way to export my 12 rules in one json? I only found a way for exporting 1 rule in 1 json or 300 rules in one json. How can I select riles for exporting?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Евгений Фарсалов 

At this time, the only way I can think to do this is to export all and then run a script against the JSON to prune to your 12 rules.  Maybe use a common naming convention to make it easier.

There are a few open suggestions to improve import/export, which you can watch/vote for, or add another suggestion: 

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks Bill! I parsed it with python and extracted the ones I need. But it was a mess!

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Yup, I know that "fun" of searching the export.  Yesterday we were trying to parse the exported JSON to find any rules with If/Else (...now that we know that doesn't always work as documented  :^)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events