Expand Kanban columns?

Chris Miller May 17, 2017

I am desperately trying to figure out how to expand/widen a column of a project Kanban board. I am using a large screen tv to display the Kanban board all day for my team and want them to easily be able to look up and see at least most of the cards in a particular column (e.g. Backlog).  Is that never going to be a possibility?  Almost every other Kanban project reporting tool allows for column expansion for this very reason.

2 answers

1 vote
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2017

Could you give me an example how this should be visualised? 

Something like

Backlog | In progress

Where * is a card

????

Yes, something like this (like what LeanKit does):

****** | **** | ** | **** |
****** |

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

Hi Chris,

No, unfortunately not. To work around this limitation and if you want to specifically have your team focus on mainly the backlog column (as this is where new issues come in, right?), you could use a Dashboard instead and show only the issues that matter in a Filter Results gadget.

A dashboard is wallboard capable, by the way. So it is better suited for display on a tv, in a gadget slideshow if you like.

That might be cool - I'm fairly new to Jira, so is there a site that can show me how to do that?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer