Existing projects - change to allow parralel sprints

ian truman April 18, 2019

For existing projects - I still cannot start multiple sprints at the same time even after setting the glogal Jira parralel sprint option - does this feature only becpome enabled for new projects ?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hi Ian,

The option to use parallel sprints is not limited to projects created after the option is enabled.   This is something that should become available right away after that global setting has been changed.

I have not found another way to restrict this, short of the project permissions of manage sprint, but that would prevent you from starting or stopping any sprint that contained one or more issues from a project where you don't have that permission.

1. Have you tried to create a new sprint, or are you trying to start an existing one?
  2. What version of Jira is this?
  3. If you hover your mouse cursor over the 'Start Sprint' button, does it provide any more details or warning, like 'You do not have permissions to start', etc, etc?

Please let me know.

Andy

ian truman April 23, 2019

Hi Andy - thanks for coming back to me

Parallel sprints are definitely on, new sprint makes no difference - still get no entry sign on hovering when trying to start a parallel sprint, hover msg is "can be planned but not started unitl completeion of the above active sprint"

version is latest

regards

Ian

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Ian,

I can't seem to replicate this problem with the settings you mentioned here.  The only way I can seem to get that specific hover warning message is when parallel sprints option is disabled in my site.

I'm curious if perhaps trying to toggle that setting off and then on again would have an effect here.  If not, then perhaps it's time for us to create a support case to investigate this more closely.

You mentioned being on the latest version, but I'd like to clarify, are you using a Jira Cloud site (ending in a atlassian.net domain) or are you using the very latest Jira Server which would be 8.1.0 version?    We can create a support request on your behalf either way, it just helps to know which support team to direct this request to.  Server support will likely want a support zip, while Cloud support will want to know the exact URL of your Cloud site to take a closer look at things.

Please let me know.

Andy

Suggest an answer