Exclude Category >

Asif Zahoor August 23, 2022

Hello all!

I have this filter made: 

project = USD AND resolution = Unresolved AND "SAU: Asignee Resolution Group" = IT.SOA

That filter shows all our current open Status of tickets assigned to this resolution group.

I want to exclude certain tickets under using the "SAU: Issue Type / Sub Type / Element" from this filter to get a true idea of what we have currently open that needs to be actioned.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

Hi @Asif Zahoor and welcome to the Community!

This "SAU: Issue Type / Sub Type / Element" you are referring to is something specific to your Jira instance, most likely. But to answer your question generically, I would say you can just further expand your initial JQL statement like this:

Project = USD AND resolution = Unresolved AND "SAU: Asignee Resolution Group" = IT.SOA
AND "SAU: Issue Type / Sub Type / Element" IN (Story, Bug)

Obviously, I am just guessing what might be available options. In my example, I am just assuming that Story and Bug are existing options in your instance. If not, just replace with what you have available in reality.

Hope this helps!

Asif Zahoor September 6, 2022

Walter you legend, this works PERFECTLY my friend! Drop your address for a crate of beers (y)

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hitting the accept answer button would be an awesome alternative 😅 - and gladly willing to have a beer or two at an Atlassian event some time too! Thx for the appreciation!

Asif Zahoor September 7, 2022

Done and done Walter! Sure thing my friend are you on linkedin?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events