Estimations/Story Points in Agility boards

Benjamin Bolland May 16, 2018

We recently moved a sub-group of our engineering team from Trello to Agility (as they were overwhelmed with the complexity of the usual Jira software).

The main reason to integrate them into Jira was to have a common platform for communication and sprint planning / reporting. Having moved all the tickets and information I realised that I cannot enable Story Points on the screens of this project as it's a different type of project :/

Is there any hack to enable Story Points on Agility boards? (I see the estimation feature announcement, but not sure how long this will take)

2 answers

0 votes
Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2018

Hi @Benjamin Bolland,

Thomas is right, you can't enable story points yet on agility boards.

I can't really give you any date, but be assured that this is one of the features that we're looking into and that we'll be working on soon :)

Keep the feedback coming!

Bill Miller August 18, 2018

Hi @Julien Femia, in the meantime, is there a way to turn the Agility project into a normal project?  We're using Jira Cloud.  I've got the customer warmed up to the idea of grooming the backlog, organizing Stories into Sprints, and was about to take the next step into Story Points and Velocity...but the floor just dropped out from under me.

Do you suggest I "move"the 200 Stories into a normal project?  (I fear previous Sprint information will be lost in this - 2 Sprints = 6 weeks of history...valuable data for my efforts here.)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2018

The woes of Agility. Yes create new scrum project and move all issues. I don’t know how or if you can retain history but expect not.

Bill Miller August 19, 2018

@Jack Brickey, thanks for weighing in on this.  My other thought is to only move 100+ Stories from the backlog to the new project, and leave the completed ones where they are.  Then I'll just configure any filters/dashboards to draw from both projects if we want to display total issue counts.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2018

Hi, 

no, I don't think, you can enable story points on agility boards up to now. There are sprints on these boards, but the velocity is set only on issue count.

Suggest an answer