Estimation bubble not showing 'Done' points

Shannon Finch August 2, 2021

Hello All - I am trying to figure out how to configure the Sprint estimation bubbles on the Backlog tab in Jira (i.e. the little bubbles at the top of the Backlog for a Sprint that sums up points for Not Started, In Progress, and Done).

It appears the Not Started bubble is correct.  However, the In Progress bubble is a summation of both in-progress and completed stories.  Points never show up in the Done bubble.Jira_Backlog_Estimation_Bubbles.PNG

Here are the Board columns:

Board_Columns.PNG

How can I map the bubbles so that the In Progress bubble adds up story points for only stories with a status of In Progress and the Done bubble adds up the story points for stories which are Closed?

Thank you in advance for any help!!

3 answers

0 votes
Susann Calvert April 27, 2022

My team is also facing the issue, and so far, none of the recommendations have worked. 

Has anyone found the solution to what's causing this, because nothing seems to have changed in estimation settings, context of fields, or any other things on our side from what I'm aware. 

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

Hi @Shannon Finch

Issues in the Resolved column should still be considered In Progress (in terms of the estimation bubbles)

I am wondering if it would be enough to assign the "resolved" status to the "in progress" status category. This would be a general configuration done in your Jira instance (to be made by an administrator).
To be honest, I am not fully sure if I would do it for logical reasons
resolved (status) = done (category)
but from a plain technical standpoint it is possible.

Here is the documentation for it:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-statuses-resolutions-and-priorities/

This does not answer right now why there is a '0' for done issues - probably there are just none?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Are your closed/done issues all in the last column on the board?

Hi Nic - Once an issue is moved to the very far right column (Closed), the issue is done-done.  Issues in the Resolved column should still be considered In Progress (in terms of the estimation bubbles) since these need to be peer reviewed first.

Is this what you are asking?

To clarify, I would like the "Done" estimation bubble (i.e. the green one) to reflect the story points of all issues in the "Closed" column (far right column) only.

Suggest an answer