Error when trying to change default issue screen

michal.piasecki April 5, 2020

I'm trying to change the default issue screen because I'm missing one field in issue layout.

When going to Project settings -> Issue layout -> 

These issue types show the fields defined in GDC: Scrum Default Issue Screen.

and try to follow the link, I get an error "Too many redirects. I tried in on Chrome and Opera (in incognito mode as well).
Any suggestions how to solve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hi Michal - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you are in the Project  Settings - try going to the Summary first. Then click on the screen that you are wanting to change to see if it will let you change the screen from there. 

michal.piasecki April 6, 2020

Hi, thanks for replying.
From summary I can only navigate to Screens tab, and cannot edit any of the screens
 image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

So, that would tell me that you are not a Jira Administrator or a Project Administrator on that project. Otherwise you should be able to change those. Check with your Jira Administrator to get permissions added for you. 

michal.piasecki April 6, 2020

Ok, Thanks for clarification 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2020

Let us know here how it turns out. :-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

Hey @michal.piasecki  - Any update here?

michal.piasecki June 16, 2020

Issue was resolved as suggested

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

Great! Glad it is working for you. Can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events