When I try to create "Sample Scrum Project" from this link:

image2014-10-16 13:53:41.png

I get this error:

image2014-10-16 13:58:24.png

As it is clear I am the admin and I do have the "share" permission

4 answers

0 votes
George Kremenliev October 23, 2014

Dora, in my current projects I am using the Default Permission Scheme and "Project Role (Users)" have the "Browse Projects" permission. But since I am creating a new project perhaps the one that I am copying from does not have that share or browse permission?

0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

Note that the Browse Projects permission in the Default Permission Scheme (as well as the Create Shared Objects global permission) is required for a user to create a project from JIRA Agile. If in the scheme it's only the Users role that has the browsing permission (which is the default configuration), check JIRA Admin > System > Roles - your account may not be in the role by default.

As Agile can't check for this permission before creating the project (and hence not give the user the option), an error is thrown afterwards. Making sure that you'll have the Browse Project permission in the new project should fix the problem.

0 votes
George Kremenliev October 21, 2014

Since you don't trust me:

image2014-10-21 19:52:20.png

and:

image2014-10-22 17:40:44.png

I am opening the support issue

0 votes
WeAreAllJustinNow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2014

Hi George,

Can you check to make sure that you have the Create Shared Objects global permission as per this KB article: Creating a Board?

If you can confirm that you have this permission, it would probably be best to open a support ticket at support.altassian.com, so we can look at your specific situation in more detail.

Suggest an answer