Error on Adding a transition to Workflow status

A Zanad August 22, 2019

Hi,

I am new to Jira and trying to create a simple Kanban project.  I am going through steps on atlassian docs on how to create workflows.  

After creating a new workflow I am trying to add some statuses and transitions.  I could add status, but getting "you cannot perform this operation on a draft workflow jira cloud" error.  

After searching in this forum and google in general I found that there is a bug and it's being there for a number of years. 

Is this real?  I mean what's the point opting in to this (supposed to be the best software dev management) program when as a new user cannot even create a simple workflow?

If this has been resolved or if there is a simple workaround I would appreciate for the tip.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

Hi @A Zanad  - yes, that happens under certain circumstances. What you have to do is copy the original workflow, make the changes while the new (copy) is still in an inactive status. 

Once you have it ready, then you need to add it to the Workflow Scheme where the original one exists and basically replace the original workflow by linking all of the same issue types from the original workflow to the new one. 

Yes, it's a pain to have to do that.  :-(

0 votes
A Zanad August 23, 2019

Thanks, it makes more sense now.

Suggest an answer